Recently Turquoise Yachts started the construction of a new expedition motor yacht to designs of Hoek Design Naval Architects. The yacht is a complete new development, classically styled with a pronounced sheer, canoe stern and deep Vee Icebreaking bow. She will be an Ice Class A vessel to Rhina Classification rules in order to be able to go to the Actic, Antarctic and Northwest passage amongst their travels. Her hullshape was extensively optimized with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) programs in order to create a yacht with low resistance and low fuel consumption.
Many modern features have been incorporated in the design such as ;
- a touch and go pad for a helicopter.
- underdecks storage for two large tenders (handled by a below decks retractable crane)
- large boarding platforms both port and starboard with hydraulically operated retracting boarding ladders
- hydraulically operated stern boarding ladder
- diesel electric propulsion with low fuel consumption
- classically styled deck layout with teak cladded aluminium deckhouses and deckfurniture
- funnel that integrates the invisible communication domes
- a contemporary classically styled interior
- large walk in fridge freezers
- large diameter single prop propulsion with high efficiency
- low noise levels due to extreme insulation packages
- bow and stern thrusters
- 785 gross ton and large interior volume
- 4 zero speed stabilizers